Maintaining your F1 Status
- Passport – Must always maintain 6 months of validity
- I-20 – If any information changes, notify OGE
- Enrollment – See Enrollment below
- On-campus work – See Work below
- Updating information – Notify OGE of any changes
- Payment – See Payment below
- Online classes – Only one online class counts towards your full-time status
30 day waiting period before all SEVIS registration is updated.
Maintaining your F1 Status: Enrollment
- You must be a full time student!
- Graduates - 9 hours/semester
- Undergraduates - 12 hours/semester
- You must complete your course of study by the date listed on your I-20.
Maintaining Your F1 Status: Work
- Students can work on campus. Students can NOT work off campus.
- Students can work 20 hours or less each week
- You must meet with our office before accepting any kind of employment
Maintaining Your F1 Status: Payment
- Pay student bills at the business office in Nelson Hall
- You need to pay within two weeks after classes begin.