Skip to main content

Change Major or Minor

Information and forms for changing your major and/or minor.

Undergraduate Students

  • Currently Enrolled Students*: Currently enrolled students will change their major by logging onto their MyMC account. Select "Banner Web for Students" and click on "Banner".  Next Click on "Students" and find the link titled "Major Change (Undergraduates Only)".   You will receive a confirmation email when the form is successfully submitted, and another email when the major change has been completed. Please note that your new major and advisor will appear on DegreeWorks as soon as this change has been made; however, your Banner homepage will not reflect this change until the start of the next semester.

*Students currently in a traditional program that would like to change to the Accelerated Degree Program (ADP) must complete this form in consultation with an advisor.

  • New Students: If you are new to MC, have been to orientation, but you have not started classes, you will not be able to use the form on MyMC.  Email your advisor or contact the Office of the Registrar for more information about changing your major.
  • Double Majors: Students may wish to earn two majors within the same degree. All requirements for the degree and both majors must be completed.  Students who double major are not required to complete a minor but can elect to do so.  Please fill out this form completely and obtain all required signatures before returning the form to the Office of the Registrar.
  • Double Degrees: Ordinarily, students may not be awarded two degrees at the same time, however, depending on the student's academic standing approval may be granted by the Provost to seek two degrees at the same time.  Coursework for both degrees must be completed and the second degree must have at least 33 unique hours in residence.  Students who double degree are not required to complete a minor but can elect to do so. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.  
  • Minors: A student can declare a minor by filling out this form and returning it to the Office of the Registrar.  

Graduate Students

Graduate students need to contact the Graduate Admissions Office for more information on changing a major.