Dr. Ivan Parke, Dr. Wayne VanHorn, Dr. John Meadors
The Perkins Center
- To provide Christian fellowship and brotherhood for male students at Mississippi College.
- To provide the opportunity for leadership training through service.
- To serve on campus and in the community.
- To cooperate with the administrative officers of Mississippi College.
- To promote scholarship.
- To encourage and promote the following ideals:
- To exemplify a Biblical, Christ-like lifestyle.
- To set the standard for excellence among men of Mississippi College.
"I heard someone say, if you’re lucky, you won’t just find friends in college, you’ll find a family. When I came to MC, I didn’t know what that family would look like or where to find it - but then, I met the guys of Shawreth, and I knew I didn’t have to search any further for a true band of brothers. This club hasn’t just given me a lot of great memories and chances to attend fun events; it’s helped me grow as a follower of Jesus, as a friend, and as a man. I have never known a more loyal, uplifting, and hilarious group of guys than these men. We aren’t perfect, but we love each other, and we are committed to encouraging each other and pushing one another to be the men that Jesus has called us to be. And we make every moment we get during this season in college count. It’s an amazing ride to do life with these guys, and I would not trade what I have with them for anything. We are a family, and we are brothers for life. We are Shawreth."
- Drew Ahlrich, Shawreth President, 2019-2020