Frequently Asked Questions | Higher Education Administration | Mississippi College
Skip to main content

Transfer Credit

Up to six (6) hours of transfer credit may be accepted with the approval of the program advisor and the graduate dean.

Registering For Classes

  1. Once a student is admitted into the Higher Education Administration program, your advisor will provide an Alternate PIN and the Course CRN to register for classes.  Upon receiving this information, you will need to go MyMC in order to access Banner web to register for classes.
  2. Existing student will enter their username and password. New students will need to go to the MC Net Account Lookup in order to retrieve their username and password. If there is still a problem accessing the information, please contact MCnet Support at 601.925.3939 or for assistance.
  3. After logging into the My MC portal, click on Banner Information located under the Additional News/Info link to access instructions on how to register for your classes. 

After registering for classes, the instructors will contact enrolled students about the log-in platform information for McMoodle and other class information.

Planning a Program of Study

Program planning and class scheduling are the responsibility of the student. However, when questions arise it is recommended that students seek advisement from the program coordinator/advisor or from faculty teaching in the program.

The following classes are typically offered only once a year in the traditional classroom setting. Other required classes are typically offered more than once a year:

  • HED 6500 (Basic Understandings in Higher Education) - Fall Only
  • HED 6501 (Law and Higher Education) - Spring Only
  • HED 6502 (Finance in Higher Education) - Spring Only
  • HED 6503 (Student Development Theories/Ethics) - Fall Only
  • HED 6506 (The Community College) - Spring Only
  • HED 7530 (Issues and Concepts of Personnel Management in Higher Educ.) - Fall Only