Services to Students and Alumni
The Office of Career Development provides the following services:
- Career coaching
- Document review (in-person and virtual reviews)
- Interview coaching (in-person and virtual coaching)
- Handshake assistance; on-campus and off-campus jobs
- Professional networking events and presentations
- On-campus interviews
These services are provided to current Mississippi College students and alumni for up to four years after graduation. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
If you are unable to meet with Career Development during regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.), please e-mail email@example.com .
Faculty and staff can schedule a classroom presentation from one of our Career Development professionals on a variety of topics. Below are a list of presentation topics available to Mississippi College faculty from Career Development. All topics may be customized for an academic concentration, industry or by student classification.
If would like to schedule a presentation for your day or evening classes, contact Career Development at ext. 3901 or simply click on the "Presentation Request Form" link at the top of the page.
Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
- Format, Content and Purpose
Mastering the Art of Interviewing
- Employer Questions, Your Answers and What to Wear
- Preparing for Medical School Interviews
- Preparing for Grad School Interviews
Job Search Techniques
- The Hidden Job Market and Networking
- Job Search Etiquette (Why aren't they calling? When do I call them? What do I say?)
- Job Searches in a Tough Economy
Social Networking and Your Job Search
- Displaying a Proper Image (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Social Media Etiquette