Services to Students and Alumni
The Office of Career Services provides the following services:
- Help choosing a major
- Career coaching
- Resume review (in-person and distance reviews)
- Interview coaching (in-person and distance coaching)
- Online job board
- Annual Career Day
- On-campus interviews
These services are provided to current Mississippi College students and alumni for up to four years after graduation. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
If you are unable to meet with Career Services during regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.), please e-mail email@example.com to set up an online mock interview session through our InterviewStream system or to discuss other options.
Faculty and staff can schedule a classroom presentation from one of our career services professionals on a variety of topics. Below are a list of presentation topics available to Mississippi College faculty from Career Services. All topics may be customized for an academic concentration, industry or by student classification.
If would like to schedule a presentation for your day or evening classes, contact Career Services at ext. 3901 or simply click on the "Presentation Request Form" link at the top of the page.
Effective Resumes and Cover Letters
- Format, Content and Purpose
Mastering the Art of Interviewing
- Employer Questions, Your Answers and What to Wear
- Preparing for Medical School Interviews
- Preparing for Grad School Interviews
Job Search Techniques
- The Hidden Job Market and Networking
- Job Search Etiquette (Why aren't they calling? When do I call them? What do I say?)
- Job Searches in a Tough Economy
Social Networking and Your Job Search
- Displaying a Proper Image (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Social Media Etiquette