Residence Hall Costs 2017-2018
Double Occupancy Room
- Premium Housing (New Men's/New Women's East/New Women's West): $4805.00
- Non-Premium Housing (Chrestman/Hederman/Gunter/Latimer-Webb/Mary Nelson/Ratliff/Whittington): $4255.00
- Premium Housing (New Men's/New Women's East/New Women's West): $7955.00
- Non-Premium Housing (Chrestman/Gunter/Mary Nelson/Whittington): $6855.00, as space is available
- Latimer-Webb and Ratiff (Will not be available until May): $6855.00
- 1 Bedroom: $3660.00 with 100 points and no meal plan or laundry
- 2 Bedroom: $4380.00 with 100 points and no meal plan or laundry
University Place (New Apartments/Pods): $4775.00 with 100 points and no meal plan
Loft Apartments: $5500.00
- Loft Apartments: $2150.00
- Double Occupancy Residence Hall Room: $725 per session
TWIN XL BEDS
Please note that the mattresses measure 80”, are considered to be extra-long, and that XL twin sheets will fit best.
Need help finding extra-long bedding to fit the mattresses in our halls? We can help! Mississippi College has partnered with Residence Hall Linens for several years to provide our students and families with a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit all of the beds on campus. Proceeds from this program are used for programming in the residence halls. There’s free shipping for all Value Pak orders, more than 40 color combinations available, and linens are delivered to your home during the summer for extra convenience. Please visit the RHL website www.rhl.org/mcm.
Our cable is provided through the University. To find a full listing of the channels provided, click here.
The residence halls have tile floors. Students are allowed to bring carpet or area rugs but are not allowed to use carpet tape.
Approximate room measurements:
- 11' x 13' - Hederman, Gunter, Mary Nelson, East & West Towers, and Ratliff
- 12' x 15' - Latimer-Webb, Whittington, New Men's (Cockroft-Caldwell, Hitt-McCullough, and Quick)
- 12' x 14' - Chrestman
- University Place Measurements
- 10.5' x 10.75' - Bedroom
- 17.9' x 10.8' - Living Room
- 14.75' x 9.75' - Kitchen
- 8.75' x 5.5' - Bathroom
Starting this year the Mississippi College Residence Life program is offering the Residence Hall Carpets program. This will be the only school endorsed carpet program. We provide various sizes for the residence hall rooms. The carpet will be shipped directly to your home before move in day. All you need to do is bring it with you on move-in day and unroll it in your room.
All carpets are first quality, plush, residential, brand new, and bound on all four sides. If you are unhappy with your carpet, your money will be refunded in full. But you can only have a carpet shipped home in for move-in day if we receive your order August 4th.
- University Place - ranges between 50-56" x 24"
- Whittington - 47" x 32"
- Latimer Webb - 48" x 32"
- New Men's - 55.5" x 24"
- Hederman/Gunter - 32" x 24"
- Mary Nelson - 38.5" x 29.5"
- Chrestman - 32.5" x 19"
- Corner Closet - 62" x 36"
- Hall Closet - 42" x 43"
- College Plaza
- Building A and C - 95" x 54"
- Building B - 91.5" x 23"
- East and West
- ADA Room Closet - 77" x 24"
- Non-ADA Whole Closet - 74.5" x 56.6"
- Non-ADA One Side of Closet - 56.5" x 24"
All residence halls are equipped with mini-blinds. Some students choose to put up curtains, too. Tension rods are the only acceptable way to hang curtains.
Inside window measurements:
- 42 x 79 for Chrestman
- 36 x 62 for Hederman and Gunter
- 48 x 67 for Latimer-Webb and Whittington
- 36 x 64 for Mary Nelson
- 42 x 74 for East & West Towers, New Men's (Cockroft-Caldwell, Hitt-McCullough, and Quick)
- 55 x 69.5 for University Place
- 45.5 x 66 for Ratliff hall rooms. 90 x 66 for Ratliff corner rooms
- 42 x 70 for College Plaza front windows. 34.5 x 42.5 for back windows.
No nails, screws, sticky tape or glue may be used on any walls. Cork strips have been installed in some of the residence halls for students to hang posters, etc. The walls are painted neutral colors and may not be painted.
The eleven residence halls have oak furniture. In order to avoid charges, students should take care to not scratch or abuse the furniture. Each room has 2 single beds that can be bunked, 2 desks with chairs and 2 chest of drawers. All furniture must remain in the rooms.
University Place - Bed Measures 72" x 24", Dresser Measures 72" x 24"
NOTE: No lofts, stilts or cinder blocks!
Under strict guidelines, the only pets allowed are fish in ten-gallon tanks or less. For the further guidelines and more information, please visit the Office of Residence Life.
Mississippi College is a Tobacco-Free Campus.
The use of all tobacco and smoking products, which includes all electronic cigarettes and vapor products, is not permitted.
This includes (but not limited to):
- in all buildings and facilities;
- on all outside property or grounds, including sidewalks, walkways, breezeways, parking lots, garages, patios, roofs, recreational areas, and athletic facilities and venues;
- within thirty (30) feet of main public entrances (per City of Clinton ordinance); and
- in all Mississippi College vehicles.
This policy applies to all individuals while on Mississippi College’s campus, and shall remain in effect at all times. Individuals in violation will be reminded or informed of the policy and asked to comply.
Formal personnel or student disciplinary action will be taken should a member of the campus community (employee or student) refuse to comply when encountered. Repeated offenses will likewise result in formal action.
Guests or visitors refusing to comply when addressed will be asked to leave the campus.
SMOKING CESSATION PROGRAMS:
Members of the Mississippi College community who desire information or assistance regarding smoking cessation and support programs should contact MC Wellness for Life at 601-925-7752, or visit mcwellnessforlife.com.
Residents of New Men's Residence Hall may no longer have personal microwaves in their room. The purpose of this policy change is to maintain consistency throughout the residence halls.
To compensate for this change, Mississippi College is now making MicroFridges available for rental or purchase to the following residence halls: New Men's, New Women's East, New Women's West, Mary Nelson, Ratliff, Chrestman, Hederman, Gunter, Latimer-Webb, and Whittington. Follow this link to find out more! http://collegefridge.com/mc. Since MC has contracted with collegefridge.com, only those MicroFridges will be allowed in the residence halls.
The only appliances allowed in rooms are one small refrigerator per room (no taller than 3 feet), coffee pots, and irons. Coffee pots and irons must have a functioning automatic shut-off switch. All other appliances (i.e. microwaves, toasters, ovens, hot plates, sandwich makers, etc.) are prohibited. In residence halls for women, as well as New Men's residence hall, kitchens are provided for student use. In all other residence halls, areas are provided which contain a microwave for student use.
(College Plaza is not allowed to use Microfridges due to infrastructure limitations.)
All residents are expected to keep their rooms clean and safe. The residents must maintain the private bathrooms and suites in New Men's (Cockroft-Caldwell, Hitt-McCullough, and Quick) and East & West Towers. Occasionally the Residence Life Staff will check the students' rooms.