- Residents Halls close on Thursday, May 4th, at 9:00 AM.
- All residents are expected to leave within 24 hours of their last exam.
- Graduating seniors will be allowed to stay until Saturday, May 6th at 5:00 PM. (Graduating seniors’ names must be on the approved list from the Office of Residence Life.)
- Click the following link for a sample list of potential charges: Close Down Charges List.
Regardless of when you checkout, you will be responsible for each of the following tasks. Failure to satisfactorily complete these tasks will result in damage/cleaning charges assessed to each resident in the room/suite/apartment. Each resident is responsible for the condition of the common room/bathroom (suite/apartment).
- Remove all personal belongings from your room.
- Unbunk the beds.
- Empty all trashcans into the residence hall trash receptacles or laundry room trashcans.
- All large items (carpets, recliners, etc.) must be thrown into the dumpster outside each building.
- Dust, sweep, mop, and/or vacuum your space.
- Return all furniture to original location.
- Clean all surfaces including sinks, bathrooms, desks, dressers, etc.
- Close and lock your windows.
- Close your blinds.
- Take home all belongings. No storage is available on campus. The college reserves the right to dispose of all items left after checkout.
- Ask an RA or your building Coordinator for a checkout envelope or pick one up from the file folder next to the checkout box. (UP Building F Office & CP Building B Office)
- Fill in your full name, building and room number, 700# and the date/time you drop it off
- Place your room key in the envelope and seal the envelope
- Place key/envelope in the CHECKOUT BOX located near your building Coordinators apartment. If you live in the apartments look by College Plaza B4 or University Place building F.
- Checkout needs to be completed by:
- Non-Graduating Students - 9am Thursday March 4th
- Graduating Students - 5pm Saturday May 6th
Checkout requires the RA to examine the room and to document any changes to your Room Inventory since the time of move in. If any damage or cleaning issues exist, you will be notified by Residence Life of any charges. Room keys must be turned in via the checkout envelope when you have completed the check-out process.
NOTE: If you receive any charges you will receive a confirmation email in your MC email account.